NH Sportsmen Poll
A poll recently released by National Wildlife Action found that 60% of New Hampshire sportsmen believe global warming impacts their quality of life.
Among the highlights:
- 72% of hunters and anglers in New Hampshire believe global warming is occurring, with 63% indicating that human activity is a contributing factor;
- 75% of New Hampshire sportsmen believe our elected officials have a strong moral responsibility to act now to confront global warming and protect our children's future;
- By a two to one margin, global warming is the most important conservation issue among these voters;
- One in every three respondents (32%) report that they have already seen changes to wildlife habitats that they think may be caused by global warming;
- 66% of New Hampshire sportsmen agree global warming is an urgent problem requiring immediate action and a majority (57%) believe the United States is doing too little to address the issue;
- More than three-quarters (77%) agree the United States should be a world leader in addressing global warming and 87% agree that we can improve the economy and create jobs while confronting global warming;
- New Hampshire hunters and anglers would be attracted to a candidate who agrees with them on addressing global warming, and only 14 percent have decided who they will vote for in the upcoming presidential primary.